Monday, June 27, 2011

Series

Hello All.

Ok no more promises. I will post as I have new work or new interiors to show off.


Here are two new works.:

The first are 5 little 6" quilts I did while I was doing my quilt-a-day series. They are linked with seed and bugle beads. Fused cotton with warn and natural batting.

The second I will do into a little more detail with. The base fabric (crackle) I printed using a flour resist and acrylic paint. After the work of printing the crackle printing the fabric was so distorted I need to cut it down to get it to lay flat. So I cut it. The red panels in the center is hand dyed cotton batting. The bead work is my famous aluminum can punches with red seed beads which have been tied in the front for a different look. The red rays are fused cotton fabrics, one of which is an over dry of a UGLY multi-color print. The three image section were quilted secretly and then fused to the base fabric (black). Then the base fabric (black) was quilted. I added hand stitching between the panels and French knots in the corners. I let this piece take me were ever it wanted to go. I know this is more so how I want to work, a looser and freer style, more abstract.

Five in Black and White:
All Cotton.
6" x 33.5"

Cracked in the Center:
Cotton commercial, hand dyed and over dry commercial fabric,
glass and aluminum beads, and cotton embroidery thread.
43.5" x 27"

No comments:

Post a Comment