Thursday, December 8, 2011

More Christmas Crafts


Before

More Christmas - One of my favorite things we put up each year is a display you will have to see in the next entry. Over a display of trees is a “Cow jumped over the Moon” hanging decoration that has a red Santa hat. Well as this year is blue/silver/white I has to sew him and new hat cause like I said it is my favorite thing at Christmas. So here are the before and after of the moon.
  
 


After

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




I also made stockings, which i do every year cause every year we do a new theme. Now the ornament over the stocking we not picked out to match the fabric on the cuff of the stocking, just lucked up and it matches. Just goes to show you, pick a theme and stick with it and everything will match.


I also made a new Christmas tree skirt. While on our vacation in July we purchased a couple of fabrics for Christmas, Thom picked them out. When it came time to make the skirt I looked at many patterns then remembered I had a wedge template and it made the perfect size tree skirt. So I pulled additional fabrics from my stash and lined them up to go from dark to light to dark and just repeated till I got the 40 wedges I needed. The skirt is not fully quilted, my machine is acting up so after I put it in the shop and get it overhauled I will stipple quilt the shirt.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue! Who is the p for? Where's the B?? I may have to consider a divorce! LOL

    ReplyDelete