Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Look at this!

I have told many people about the poinsettia in my backyard and everyone has wanted to see it. So….

Every year on black Friday, Thom and I go Home Depot and get their 99 cent poinsettias. Well last year one of them lasted in the house till spring. Now I have been told that you can plant them in TX if you place them on a south facing wall. It did very well last summer even with the 100+ temps we had. And during the end of summer/early fall the leaves started turning red and by Christmas it was just stunning. Needless to say we purchased more this past Christmas and as it is so warm I am going to be putting them in the ground as soon as I get Christmas down, yes our Christmas is still up. We have been so busy and now that I have hurt my ankle…..

No comments:

Post a Comment