Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Others (should have posted last month)

There are blogs I read on a regular basis. I am always surprised how wonderfully some people write. Writing has never been my thing, if it weren’t for spell check I would be in big trouble. I am told, by me sister, that I am getting better so at this rate I will be a good about the time I kick the bucket.

I have learned to look at their blogs and enjoy their work but not compare mine to there’s, they are not me nor am I them…I am looking for my voice, I don’t want to learn to speak there language.

I made just one new years resolution, to sketch daily! Well it is the 8th and I have had my journal open three times and one of those was to try out some new stamps I made from curtain packing material. Tonight I cracked open my journal while Thom finished watching some unsolved misery (mystery)show, can you tell I can’t stand those shows but that is a story for another day. Like I was saying I cracked it open and did a little sketching with suggestions made in one of my Christmas presents.: Quilted Symphony--A Fusion of Fabric, Texture & Design. I am thinking about mixing the designs with a few idea I had from last Saturday’s Quilting Arts TV show on PBS. We will both just have to see what happens.

Ok that is not at all what I was thinking I was going to write. What I was thinking about writing was about how hard it is to sketch…I have ideas but they are never fully formed in my mind. I think about art and quilting all day long, when I am not thinking about work that is. Right now I am maxed out on my office space in the house so I am also doing a lot of thinking about how to get more out of my space, I need more work space, more storage space. Then there is my dream of a bigger sewing machine. I keeping thinking I will be a great artist when I get a Sweet 16. But my new mantra this year is “I already have everything I need to be…” fill in the blank. I have Quilting Arts next readers challenge up and I am thinking about what that is going to require. I have a piece that I am trying to finish that is 40% complete but I can’t seem to move forward on it, fear of making a mistake or making the wrong next move. But I stop and go to my biggest addiction, Pinterest, and I read my other mantra “You’re exactly were you need to be”. So I guess I will keep fumbling through my life, my work and my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment