Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Fan Quilt

The quilt to the right was a challenge from a fan who was following me on my old web site. She is a very sweet woman for Toronto, Canada. She described herself as a Asian woman trapped in a white girls body. So I knew when it came time to do her quilt it had to be Asian. All the fabrics are from my stash, I love Asian fabrics, themes and motifs. The quilt is based on a fan, the alternation of black is to show a fold or give you some idea of a shadow. I love the way color works with black however I have recently been looking how bright colored fabrics look on a field of white. "Fan" 36" x 18".

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment earlier, but it's not showing up, so I'm re-posting. Sorry about that.

    I love this fan! It's just what I've been looking for. Is it available?

    What are the fabric requirements for this fan? The oriental prints are what I'm concerned about. I only have a handful of them, and most of them are FQs.

    Thanks for your time! Sherri in Southwestern Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete