Sunday, February 6, 2011

Asian Scroll

This art quilt was inspired form the fan quilt. While doing research for ideas for the “Fan” I was looking at scrolls and was fascinated with the proportion of borders the Japanese use on scrolls. The distribution of fabrics and images is very different. I also remembered a flower I saw on a quilting show which featured a quilter who did fabric origami. A little more research and I found the pattern for the flower. The center panel is a original print of a fish in a pond while raining. I still have to add beads to the center of the flowers but even without the beads I love the piece. It is for sale, $150.00 on Etsy when I get it finished. If you want it, let me know...it will give me the push to finish and get it posted. Quilt is ready to hang with a dowel pocket and dowel sew in. "Asian Scroll" 12.75" x 68.75".

No comments:

Post a Comment